Affiliate Marketing Secrets
If you want to get started quickly and easily making money online, then affiliate marketing is for you. What “affiliate marketing” means is that you just refer visitors to someone else’s website, they handle the sales, support and billing, and you get a percentage of the sale price as your commission (usually 50% or more for digital products).
These are a some of the benefits
- You can start right now with no up-front costs and no need to make a product, craft a sales letter, design the website, develop marketing materials, or do support, billing and maintenance.
- You have basically zero investment of your time because the product owner does all the hard work of support, maintenance and billing.
- There’s no risk for you, because the product owner has already made sure the product sells. So you know that your traffic will result in sales.
Looking at these benefits, it’s clear that affiliate marketing is the way to go!
The downside is…
After all your hard work of generating traffic to the sales page, you will never see any of those visitors again. Most of them will not buy on their first visit, which means you’re losing over 90% of the traffic right off the top. And of the 10% or less that do buy, the product owner will be able to sell to them again, but you will not.
What’s the solution?
It’s simple: You must get your visitors’ email addresses before you send them to the product owner’s website. If you do that, you can contact them again and send them back the product website multiple times. This will increase the number of sales you make. And if you want to do it like a pro, you’ll give them some great content before sending them to the sales page.
Here’s what these affiliate marketing strategies will do for you:
- Owning a list of potential buyers gives you the ability to market additional products at the push of a button.
- You’re generating good will by giving them high-quality content. This way, they are much more likely to make a purchase when you send them to the sales page.
If you want to create an affiliate marketing system like this, you’ll need the following:
- A Video Squeeze Page (with video)
- Several high-quality content pages
- A multi-part email series with at least 5 emails in it
The video squeeze page is where you’ll direct your traffic instead of directly to the product sales page. It captures the name and email of your visitors and puts them into your autoresponder, which then begins sending out the 5-part email series. After subscribing them to your email list, it redirects them to your content mini-site.
You content mini-site builds the good will, so that when you send them to the product sales page, they are in a buying mood. While they’re reading the content you’ve provided, your email system is already following up with them to send them back to the product website again and again.
There’s no doubt that it’s worth the effort to put a system like this in place, because doing so will increase your profits by 500% or more. And once it’s set up, it runs automatically – you just send visitors to the squeeze page, instead of the product website.
One option, if you’re not up to the challenge of setting this all up yourself, is to let a system like Commission AutoPilot do it for you. Services like this design the enter system (the video, the video squeeze page, the email series, the content pages, etc). On the plus side, you’ll save a ton of time and money vs. trying to build this yourself. Plus you can get started instantly. The drawback is that you won’t be the only one using these affiliate tools. But the internet is huge, so this shouldn’t really affect you.
The other route you can take is to hire people on Elance to create and implement the various aspects for you. Either way, it’s an important step that you need to take if you’re going to be serious about your affiliate marketing.